NLDS Game 5: Los Angeles Dodgers at San Francisco Giants odds, picks and prediction
The San Francisco Giants meet the Los Angeles Dodgers Thursday for Game 5 of their National League Division Series at Oracle Park. First pitch is scheduled for 9:07 p.m. ET. Let's analyze the lines around the Dodgers vs. Giantsodds with MLB picks and predictions.
The Dodgers worked over the Giants by a 7-2 count in Game 4 behind RHP Walker Buehler in a game they had to have. L.A. scored 16 total runs in its two victories and has been held scoreless in each of its two losses.
Series tied 2-2.
Dodgers LHP Julio Urias (20-3, 2.96 ERA) posted a 1.02 WHIP, 9.5 K/9 and 1.8 BB/9 through 185 2/3 IP across 32 starts during the regular season.
- Went 5 IP with 1 ER, 3 H and 0 BB in a Game 2 victory at San Francisco Oct. 9.
- Posted a 2-1 record and 3.38 ERA with 33 K across 29 1/3 IP in five regular-season starts against the Giants.
Giants RHP Logan Webb (11-3, 3.03 ERA) posted a 1.11 WHIP, 9.6 K/9 and 2.2 BB/9 through 148 1/3 IP spanning 26 starts and one relief appearance in the regular season.
- Twirled 7 2/3 scoreless innings with 5 H, 0 BB and 10 K in a victory in Game 1 against the Dodgers.
- The California native posted a sparkling 6-0 record, 1.96 ERA and .213 opponent batting average across 73 1/3 IP over 12 starts and one relief appearance at home in the regular season.
Dodgers at Giants odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Dodgers -112 (bet $112 to win $100) | Giants -108 (bet $108 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Dodgers -1.5 (+155) | Giants +1.5 (-190)
- Over/Under: 6.5 (O: -125 | U: +100)
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests.Play now!
Dodgers 3, Giants 2
Money line (ML)
The DODGERS (-112) were up against it heading into Game 4, but they responded with a ton of offense. The bats won't be nearly as hot in this one, which shapes up as a potential pitcher's duel.
Urias has been rock-solid all season, but Webb has been surprisingly good, too. He dominated the Dodgers in this very same venue in the series opener, so it won't be easy for L.A.
The GIANTS +1.5 (-190) are a little on the pricey side, but I like the home side catching the run and a half in this pivotal Game 5. I think the Dodgers scratch out the win and eliminate the Giants, but the home side will keep it within a run.
UNDER 6.5 (+100) is the lean, but it's only worth a small-unit play. Urias and Webb have pitched well this season and so far in the postseason, however, both of these teams are dangerous offensively, so be careful.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).