Wyoming at Nevada odds, picks and prediction
The Wyoming Cowboys and Nevada Wolf Pack meet at MacKay Stadium in Reno, Nev., for a 7 p.m. ET Mountain West kickoff Saturday in the season opener for both. Below, we analyze the Wyoming-Nevada college football betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Wyoming at Nevada: Betting odds and lines
- Money line : Wyoming -189 (bet $189 to win $100) | Nevada +155 (bet $100 to win $155)
- Against the spread/ATS : Wyoming -4 (-115) | Nevada +4 (-106)
- Over/Under : 50.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Wyoming at Nevada: Three things to know
- The Cowboys of Wyoming are expected to be among the challengers to Boise State at the top of the Mountain West thanks to QB Sean Chambers and RB Xazavian Valladay, who rolled up a conference-best 1,265 rushing yards in 2019. The offensive line is an experienced group, which will keep them each whole.
- Nevada has made strides under head coach Jay Norvell, and is expected to make a move to challenge for a conference title. QB Carson Strong is one of the league's top signal callers, and RBs Devonte Lee and Toa Taua provide veteran leadership in the backfield.
- The Cowboys love being favored on the road. They're 5-0 ATS in their past five as favorites away from home, and they have covered four in a row in this series, too. The Wolf Pack were no match for the Cowboys in Laramie last season, as Wyoming blasted Nevada 31-3.
Wyoming at Nevada: Odds, prediction, betting lines and picks
Wyoming 27, Nevada 20
Money line (ML)
WYOMING (-189) is just a little more expensive than I'd normally like to spend, but with its road history, it's a worthwhile play on the money line. This team has a tremendous O-line and a stud running back, who led the conference last season.
Against the spread (ATS)
WYOMING -4 ( -115) hammered Nevada last season in Laramie. The Cowboys will look to get the run game cooking early in this one. The Wolf Pack have experience returning, but their offensive line is a bit suspect and they had difficulty running the ball a year ago. That will be the difference in this game.
The UNDER 50.5 ( -110) is a good play here. Both of these teams relied upon defense last season. The Under went 5-2 in the final seven for Nevada, and the Under is 12-3-1 in Wyoming's past 16 on the road. The strong run game of the Cowboys is a friend to Under bettors, as it produces long, sustained, clock-eating drives.
Additional college football coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Alabama football / Auburn football / Florida football / Georgia football / LSU football / Michigan football / Michigan State football / Notre Dame football / Ohio State football / Oklahoma football / Tennessee football / Texas football / USC football / Wisconsin football
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.