Louisiana-Monroe at South Alabama odds, picks and prediction
The Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (0-5, 0-2 Sun Belt) and South Alabama Jaguars (2-2, 1-0) meet at Hancock Whitney Stadium in Mobile, Ala., for a 7 p.m. ET kickoff Saturday. Below, we analyze the Louisiana-Monroe-South Alabama college football betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Louisiana-Monroe at South Alabama: Betting odds and lines
- Money line : Louisiana-Monroe +475 (bet $100 to win $475) | South Alabama -667 (bet $667 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Louisiana-Monroe +14.5 (-110) | South Alabama -14.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 56 (O: -121 | U: +100)
Louisiana-Monroe at South Alabama: Three things to know
- ULM is coming off a 40-7 whitewashing at Liberty on Oct. 10, the Warhawks' worst loss of the season. They have posted just 292.2 total yards per game to rank 71st in the country, and they're 76th overall with just 56.2 rushing yards per game and 75th with 13.4 points per outing.
- Defensively, ULM has struggled, too, ranking 49th with 428.8 total yards allowed, while coughing up 261.6 rushing yards per contest to rank 74th. It also has allowed 36.2 PPG, ranking 63rd.
- South Alabama has scored 24 or more points in three of its four outings, and it is 3-1 ATS so far. In addition, the Jaguars have been respectable defensively, allowing just 144.8 rushing yards per game to rank 33rd, and they're 35th with 27.5 PPG. However, USA has yet to force a turnover through four games.
Louisiana-Monroe at South Alabama: Odds, prediction, betting lines and picks
South Alabama 34, UL Monroe 13
Money line (ML)
South Alabama (-667) will cost you nearly seven times your potential return, so skip it and look to the spread instead. ULM (+475) is abysmal, but this is USA, not Alabama. AVOID.
Against the spread (ATS)
SOUTH ALABAMA -14.5 ( -110) is coming off a 30-20 win and cover against Texas State last Saturday, rebounding from its worst showing of the season in a 42-10 home loss to UAB. Last week's win over the Bobcats was the Jaguars' first game as a favorite, and they passed with flying colors. ULM +14.5 (-110) has scored seven or fewer points in three of its five outings, so backing the Warhawks is not the way to go.
The UNDER 56 ( -110) is the best play on the board in this one. The Under has connected in four of five for ULM, and the Under is 2-1-1 in four outings for USA. In fact, it's all about the Under for each of these teams, going 9-4-1 in the past 14 for the Jaguars, and 12-5 in the past 17 SBC games for the Warhawks.
Additional college football coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Alabama football / Auburn football / Florida football / Georgia football / LSU football / Michigan football / Michigan State football / Notre Dame football / Ohio State football / Oklahoma football / Tennessee football / Texas football / USC football / Wisconsin football
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.