Resources for San Juan County residents affected by Gold King Mine spill

The Daily Times staff
The Daily Times

As of Aug. 17, San Juan County potable water stations are not longer open.

Water testing: A water fair with free water testing for private wells in Farmington and San Juan County is scheduled from noon to 5:30 p.m. Aug. 24 and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 25 at the Sycamore Park Community Center, 1051 Sycamore St., Farmington.

New Mexico State University San Juan County Extension Office: Call 505-334-9496 to arrange water and hay delivery.

NAPI: Non-potable water station is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Directions at Call 505-427-1843 for details.

The Bureau of Indian Affairs Navajo Region has established water stations for livestock use at the rodeo grounds in Upper Fruitland, the Yei' Bi' Chei and rodeo grounds in Shiprock, and at the Gadii'ahi-Tokoi Chapter house.

For medical questions, contact the federal Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Register: 1-800-222-1222.

For exposure and ingestion questions, contact the New Mexico Environment Department 24-7, 505-827-0006.

More information

City of Farmington

New Mexico Environment Department

EPA Gold King Mine spill site

San Juan County Office of Emergency Management

La Plata County

San Juan Basin Health Department

La Plata County

Navajo Nation Environmental Protection Agency

Navajo Tribal Utility Authority: 928-729-6221 or 928-729-6275

EPA Region 6 hotline, 1-844-507-9700

EPA hotline, 1-844-607-9700

Navajo Nation Incident Command Center: 505-368-1081. Located inside Shiprock Chapter house

On Facebook

San Juan County Office of Emergency Management

City of Aztec

City of Bloomfield

City of Farmington

Environmental Protection Agency

Farmington Police Department

Navajo Nation President

La Plata County Government

San Juan Basin Health Department