San Juan County voters guide 2019: Where and when to vote, what's on the ballot
The November election will include school board and mill elections. Here's a look at where to vote. Hannah Grover, email@example.com
FARMINGTON — School board, college board and San Juan Soil and Water Conservation District elections will be Nov. 5. Polls will close at 7 p.m. Nov. 5.
Here's what you need to know about the upcoming elections.
Early voting is currently ongoing at:
- Farmington Museum at Gateway Park
- Bloomfield Multi-cultural Center
- Shiprock Fire Station
- Newcomb Fire Station
- San Juan County Clerk’s Office
Early voting hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays or 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays at the clerk’s office.
Early voting ends at 6 p.m. Nov. 2.
Where to vote Nov. 5
- Aztec Masonic Lodge – 1020 NE Aztec Blvd.
- Cedar Hill Fire Station – 4 Road 2343
- San Juan County Fire Operations Center – 209 S. Oliver Dr. in Aztec
- Blanco Fire Station – 7372 U.S. Highway 64
- Bloomfield City Hall – 915 N. First St.
- Bloomfield Multi-Cultural Center – 333 S. First St.
- Farmington City Hall – 800 Municipal Dr.
- Farmington Civic Center – 200 W. Arrington St.
- Farmington Museum at Gateway Park – 3041 E. Main St.
- Farmington Public Library – 2101 Farmington Ave.
- McGee Park – 41 Road 5568
- Piñon Hills Community Church – 5101 N. Dustin Ave. in Farmington
- Piñon Hills Seventh Day Adventist Church – 5001 Foothills Dr. in Farmington
- Sycamore Park Community Center – 1051 Sycamore St. in Farmington
- Flora Vista Fire Station - 2 Road 3275
- Brooks/Isham Performing Arts Center – 583 Road 6100 in Kirtland
- Kirtland Youth Association – 39 Road 6500 Kirtland
- La Plata Community Center – 1438 NM Highway 170
- Central Consolidated Schools Business Office – South of U.S. Highway 64 (Old Shiprock High A-Gym)
- Phil L. Thomas Performing Arts Center – U.S. Highway 64 west of Shiprock High School
- Beclabito Chapter Facilities – Road 9064, west of Shiprock on U.S. Highway 64
- Crystal Chapter Facilities – 1/3 Mile north on Navajo Route 12 from the junction with Navajo Route 134
- Gadii’ahi Chapter Facilities – 11 miles northwest of Shiprock on Road 9100
- Huerfano Chapter Facilities – 536 Road 7150
- Lake Valley School – NM Highway 371 on Road 7750
- Nageezi Chapter Facilities – 11553 NM Highway 550
- Naschitti Chapter Facilities – Mile Marker 42 on U. S. Highway 491
- Nenahnezad Chapter Facilities – Between Road 6675 and N36 Fruitland
- Newcomb Fire Station – Mile Marker 56.5 on U.S. Highway 491
- Sheep Springs Chapter Facilities – A quarter mile west of Sheep Springs Store
- Tiis Tsoh Sikaad (Burnham) Chapter Facilities – 12 miles east of U.S. Highway 491 on Navajo Route 5 and half a mile south on Navajo Route 5080
- Tse alnaozt’I’l (Sanostee) Chapter Facilities – 9 miles west of U. S. Highway 491 on Indian Service Route 34
- Two Grey Hills Chapter Facilities – Three miles south of the junction of Navajo Route 19 and Navajo Route 5000
What's on the San Juan County ballot?
Below is a sample ballot.
Sample ballots that show what positions you are eligible to vote for are available online at sjcclerk.net.
- Unopposed candidates seek election to 2 seats on Bloomfield school board
- San Juan Soil and Water Conservation District positions on the ballot
- Incumbent Roger Collins unopposed in Aztec school board position 5 race
- Laci Phillips is unopposed in race for Aztec school board position 4
- Bandy, Frost running for Position 2 on Aztec school board
- Aztec, Bloomfield school districts seek to continue existing mill levy
- Joe Rasor only candidate to file for District 4 seat on San Juan College board
- Race for District 6 seat on San Juan College board draws 4 candidates
- Race for District 7 seat on college board draws crowded field
- FMS District 1 sees incumbent candidate running unopposed
- FMS District 4 sees candidate challenging school board president
- FMS District 5 sees two new candidates competing for school board seat
- 5 contenders for CCSD Board of Education position 2
- 4 candidates vie for position 3 on CCSD board of education
- Haskie, Johnson seek CCSD Board of Education Position 5 seat
Election results will be posted on the San Juan County Clerk’s website the evening of Nov. 5.