Join the Conversation
To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs
Thousands of San Juan County residents voted early, absentee
FARMINGTON — The primary election is Tuesday and thousands of San Juan County residents have already voted.
The winners of the primary election will represent their political party during the November general election. Polls open at 7 a.m. and will close at 7 p.m.
Early voting ended Saturday.
In San Juan County, 1,539 Democrats, 11 Libertarians and 3,548 Republicans cast either absentee or early ballots during this year’s primary election, according to numbers provided by the New Mexico Secretary of State.
Statewide, 76,839 Democrats, 265 Libertarians and 34,674 Republicans either voted early or cast absentee ballots.
Voters in the primary election must be registered with either the Democratic, Libertarian or Republican party.
People can find voting convenience centers by visiting NMVote.org. The website also provides directions to the locations.
San Juan County voting convenience centers include:
- Aztec Masonic Lodge: 1020 NE Aztec Boulevard
- Cedar Hill Fire Station: 4 County Road 2343
- San Juan County Fire Operations Center: 209 S. Oliver Drive in Aztec
- Blanco Fire Station: 7372 U.S. Highway 64
- Bloomfield City Hall: 915 N. 1st St.
- Bloomfield Cultural Center: 333 S. 1st St.
- Farmington City Hall: 800 N. Municipal Drive
- Farmington Civic Center: 200 W. Arrington St.
- Farmington Museum at Gateway Park: 3041 E. Main St.
- Farmington Public Library: 2101 Farmington Ave.
- McGee Park: 41 County Road 5568 in Farmington
- Piñon Hills Community Church: 5101 N. Dustin Ave. in Farmington
- Piñon Hills Seventh Day Adventist Church: 5001 Foothills Drive in Farmington
- Sycamore Park Community Center: 1051 Sycamore St. in Farmington
- Flora Vista Fire Station: 2 County Road 3275
- Brooks/Isham Performing Arts Center: 583 County Road 6100 in Kirtland
- Kirtland Youth Association: 39 County Road 6500
- La Plata Community Center: 1438 New Mexico Highway 170
- Central Consolidated School District Business Office: South of U.S. Highway 64 near the Shiprock Chapter House
- Phil L. Thomas Performing Arts Center: U.S. Highway 64 west of Shiprock High School
- Beclabito Chapter House: Road 9064, west of Shiprock on U.S. Highway 64
- Crystal Chapter House: 1/3 mile north on Navajo Route 12 from the junction of Navajo Route 12 and Navajo Route 134
- Gadii’ahi Chapter House: 11 miles northwest of Shiprock on Road 9100
- Huerfano Chapter House: 536 Road 7150
- Lake Valley School: New Mexico Highway 371 on Road 7750
- Nageezi Chapter House: 11553 New Mexico Highway 550
- Naschitti Chapter House: Mile Marker 42 on U.S. Highway 491
- Nenahnezad Chapter House: Between Road 6675 and Navajo Route 36 in Fruitland
- Newcomb Fire Station: Mile Marker 56.6 on U.S. Highway 491
- Sheep Springs Chapter House: ¼ mile west of Sheep Springs Store
- Tiis Tsoh Sikaad (Burnham) Chapter House: 12 miles east of U.S. Highway 491 on Navajo Route 5 and ½ miles south on Navajo Route 5080
- Tse alnaozt’l’l (Sanostee) Chapter House: Nine miles west of U.S. Highway 491 on Indian Service Route 34
- Two Grey Hills Chapter House: Junction of Navajo Route 19 and Navajo Route 5000, three miles south