Newcomb schools evacuated after bomb threat
FARMINGTON — Newcomb elementary, middle and high schools were evacuated this afternoon after a bomb threat was found written on a middle school locker.
Central Consolidated School District spokesman James Preminger said the threat was found at about 3 p.m. today on a locker in the hallway of the middle school. Students at the three schools were evacuated, and all after-school activities were canceled.
Preminger said the Navajo Nation Division of Public Safety is investigating the threat. By 5:30 p.m., police had searched the schools and had not found anything suspicious, Preminger said.
Last month, a series of bomb threats was reported at schools across San Juan County, including at two CCSD schools.
Threats were discovered in Shiprock High School's bathrooms on Dec. 14 and Dec. 16, and threats were also found at Newcomb High School on Dec. 15.