Two juveniles male were shot during the alleged incident


FARMINGTON — Farmington Police are still investigating Friday's shooting at Brookside Park as they prepare for an increased presence at Friday's football game in nearby Hutchison Stadium.

Two juvenile males suffered gunshot wounds around 8:23 p.m. Friday near 1801 Brookside Dr., according to Farmington Police Department spokesperson Georgette Allen.

A 16-year-old male was shot in the back and a 14-year-old male was shot in the ankle during the incident, Allen said.

Daily Times archives indicate that seven shots were fired.

The gunshot victims were transported to San Juan Regional Medical Center. They were released from the hospital on Saturday.

A 14-year-old male with minor injuries to a foot was released from the scene Friday, Allen said.

The suspects remain at large.

More police will be at next game

The shooting occurred as a football game was being played at Hutchison Stadium between Piedra Vista High School and Highland High School of Albuquerque.

An announcement was made toward the end of the game directing spectators to remain in the stadium as law enforcement searched for the suspects. A post on the Farmington Municipal School District's Facebook page directed attendees of the football game to exit the stadium using the north exit.

Farmington police will have an increased presence during Friday's football game between Farmington High School and Piedra Vista High School at Hutchison Stadium as a safety precaution, Allen said.

Farmington Municipal School District spokesperson Renee Lucero said the district thanks Farmington police for its precautionary measures and efforts to keep players and spectators safe. 

Anyone with information about the shooting can call the Farmington police detective tip hotline at 505-599-1068 or message the police department on Facebook.

Joshua Kellogg covers crime, courts and social issues for The Daily Times. He can be reached at 505-564-4627 or via email at

Read or Share this story: