Suspects allegedly took cash, smartphones and headphones


FARMINGTON — One man has been arrested and another is wanted by police for the alleged armed robbery of a Farmington business.

Steven Magi, 37, and Wes Allen, 32, are accused of a second-degree felony count of armed robbery, third-degree felony counts of conspiracy to commit armed robbery and larceny and a fourth-degree felony count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to court documents.

The suspects are accused of robbing a Cricket Wireless store in Farmington on June 1 at gunpoint and taking items, including 15 Apple iPhones, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.

Magi is in custody and did not have legal representation Monday. Allen has a warrant issued for his arrest.

An officer for the Farmington Police Department was dispatched around 7:59 p.m. June 1 to the Cricket Wireless store at 1245 W. Apache St. on reports of an armed robbery. The robbers had fled the scene.

A female employee told the officer two men, later identified as Allen and Magi, walked into the store, asked about the most expensive cell phones. Then the man identified as Allen pulled a black gun from his waistband and pointed at her, stating it was a robbery.

Magi allegedly lifted up his shirt to show the employee a small, silver handgun in the waistband of his pants.

The female employee said she gave Allen her store keys and directed him to the cash register. About $500 in cash was taken.

The suspects are accused of taking 15 Apple iPhones worth about $800 each along with three pairs of headphones and a set of speakers, according to the affidavit.

Allen and Magi allegedly tried to get into the safe but were unable to do so before leaving.

Allen is also facing a third-degree felony count of bribery of a witness for allegedly threatening the Cricket Wireless employee. Her phone was also allegedly stolen by the suspects.

Officers were able to identify Magi's Farmington residence by locating a truck allegedly used in the robbery. Magi was later detained after he got into the vehicle and left the residence, according to court documents.

While in custody, Magi refused to speak to police.

Magi's preliminary hearing is set for 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in Farmington Magistrate Court.

Joshua Kellogg covers crime, courts and social issues for The Daily Times. He can be reached at 505-564-4627 or via email at

Read or Share this story: