Alleged incidents took place over 37-month period

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

FARMINGTON — A man arrested by the San Juan County Sheriff's Office Saturday on 296 charges of sexual assault and contact has denied the allegations.

Guillermo Jacobo-Perez, 48, of Aztec, is accused of 148 first-degree felony counts of criminal sexual penetration (child under 13 years old) and 148 second-degree felony counts of criminal sexual contact (child under 13 year old), according to court records.

He is accused of sexually assaulting and molesting a young female relative once or twice a week from December 2013 to February 2017, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.

Jacobo-Perez did not have legal representation today.

He made his first appearance Monday morning in Aztec Magistrate Court and was being held without bond at the San Juan County Adult Detention Center.

Jacobo-Perez denied the allegations during an interview with Sheriff's Office detectives on Saturday, according to court documents.

After the idea of taking a polygraph test was mentioned, Jacobo-Perez told the detectives he wanted a lawyer, and the interview was ended.

The Sheriff's Office was contacted about the alleged abuse around 11:28 p.m. Friday, with a caller stating the female victim didn't want to return home because she didn't feel safe, according to court documents.

A detective for the Sheriff's Office set up an interview with the victim following a phone call to the victim and her mother.

The juvenile female told the detective she had been frequently sexually assaulted and molested by Jacobo-Perez starting when she was 8 or 9 years old.

Jacobo-Perez allegedly performed oral sex on the victim, digitally penetrated her vagina and had the victim perform oral sex on him, the affidavit states. The victim told the detective the alleged incidents occurred about once or twice a week until February 2017. She added she believed Jacobo-Perez stopped sexually assaulting her as she became older and spent time with her boyfriend.

The Sheriff's Office detained Jacobo-Perez on Saturday at a relative's residence southeast of Flora Vista.

The San Juan County District Attorney's Office filed a motion to hold Jacobo-Perez without bond pending trial. A hearing regarding the motion is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. Monday in Aztec District Court.

Jacobo-Perez's preliminary hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. on May 10 in Aztec Magistrate Court.

Joshua Kellogg covers crime, courts and social issues for The Daily Times. He can be reached at 505-564-4627 or via email at jkellogg@daily-times.com.

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: http://www.daily-times.com/story/news/crime/2018/05/01/aztec-man-denies-allegations-296-counts-sexual-misconduct-assault-contact-molest/569736002/