Updated list of school meal distribution times, locations for Farmington, Aztec, Bloomfield
FARMINGTON — As school districts across the state work to meet the needs of their students during the ongoing school closures due to the coronavirus outbreak, The Daily Times will keep an updated list of the locations and times where children up to the age of 18 can receive free breakfast and lunch meals from their local public school district.
Farmington Municipal Schools
Farmington Municipal Schools is providing morning breakfast and lunch meal pickup Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the following schools sites:
- Animas Elementary School: 1612 N Hutton Avenue
- Apache Elementary School: 700 W Apache Street
- Bluffview Elementary School: 1204 S Camino Real
- Farmington High School: 2200 N Sunset Avenue
- Hermosa Middle School: 1500 E 25th Street
- McCormick Elementary School: 701 McCormick School Road
- McKinley Elementary School: 1201 N Butler Avenue
- Mesa Verde Elementary School: 3801 College Boulevard
The district is also offering curbside meal pickups from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Central Kitchen, located at 305 N. Court Ave.
In addition, the district will be dropping off bagged meals to students and families at the following elementary bus stop locations;
La Plata Highway
- Upper La Plata Highway, Bus 26: La Plata Store and North
- Lower La Plata Highway, Bus 19: Twin Peaks to La Plata Store
- Harper Hill South & La Plata South, Bus 31: La Plata south of Twin Peaks, Harper Hill south
- Mesa Trailer Park, Bus 25: Park at Mesa Trailer
- West Apache/Harper Hill West, Bus 39: West of Walmart on Apache and West Harper Hill
Wildflower/Homestead/Southside River Road
- Yarrow/Goldenrod/Road 3958, Bus 18: Goldenrod/Yarrow Area
- Roads 3000/3950/3777/3782, Bus 11: Southside River Road/CR 3950/CR 3777/CR 37
- Roads 3957/3940/3935/3961, Bus 24: CR 3957 to CR 3961
- Katherine/Chantelle/Melissa, Bus 46: Streets in Katherine/Chantelle/Melissa area
- Roads 5582/5591/5575 & Billie, Bus 47: CR 5575 to 5591 & Billie Ave.
- Roads 5030/5569/5585/5580/5590, Bus 57: CR 5530 to 5590
- Road 3141/3142/3143/3146, Bus 62: Roads 3143 to Roads 3146
- Road 3721/3148/3149, Bus 67: Roads 3721, 3148 and 3149
- East Bloomfield Highway/Lee Acres, Bus 6: Lee Acres and East
- Center Bloomfield Highway, Bus 40: Wildhorse Valley to Lee Acres
Bloomfield Highway West/Wildhorse Valley, Bus 59: Browning to Wildhorse Valley
- NHA Housing, Bus 34: Bluffview and Skyview Mesa
- Highway 371, Bus 21: Highway 371 to CR 7250
- Road 7100, Bus 64: 4-Way Stop to Pavement end on CR 7100
- Westland Park & Cannery Court, Bus 37: Westland Park and Cannery Court
- Gila/Beckland/Animas Subdivision, Bus 33: Gila Street/Beckland Hills and Animas Subdivision
- Railroad/Sun Valley Park, Bus 56: Sun Valley Park area and Railroad Ave.
- Highland View Park, Bus 10: Highland View Park Parking Lot
Parents with further questions about meal distribution times and locations are asked to call 505-599-8623.
Support local journalism with a digital subscription: http://bit.ly/2I6TU0e
All meal services will distributed until May 28. No meals will be distributed on April 10 and May 25. Students must be present at distribution sites to receive meals.
Aztec Municipal School District
Until May 22 Aztec schools will distribute "grab-and-go" bagged lunches at the following locations from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. on weekdays;
- Aztec High School
- Park Avenue Elementary School
- Lydia Rippey Elementary School
- McCoy Elementary School
Aztec schools will also be distributing meals to the following sites at the following times;
- 11 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.
- Center Point Fire Station: 16 Road 2755
- Hart Valley Fire Station: 100 Road 3100
- Highway 173 Fire Station: 430 NM 173
- New Horizon Baptist Church: 4 CR 3263
- Sunset Trailer Park bus stop: North side
- 11:30 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
- Ceder Hill Transfer Station: 25 Road 2390
- Panorama Heights: 3180/3183 Mailboxes
- Dillon Heights: 3067/Dillon Street
- Round Valley: 3450/3451
- N Lt Plant Road Fire Station
- 12 p.m. to 12:20 p.m.
- Cedar Hill Fire Station: 4 Road 2343
- Bible Baptist Church: 208 Newman Ave
- Old Circle K: Flora Vista
- San Juan Mobile Park Home entrance
- 12:30 p.m. to 12:50 p.m.
- Sutherland Farms
- Crouch Mesa Baptist Church: 10 Road 3323
- Flora Vista Fire Station: 2 Road 3275
- Charro Mobile Home Park entrance
- Jehovah Witness Church bus stop
Parents with further questions about meal distribution times and locations are asked to call 505 599-4351
Bloomfield School District
Bloomfield will be distributing "grab-and-go" bagged meals at Bloomfield High School at 520 N. 1st St, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday to Friday until the end of the school year, May 29.
Bloomfield will also be distributing meals at the following bus stops starting at 10:30 a.m. on weekdays;
- Hill top
- Mangum Road
- Sullivan Road
- West Hammond
- Lee Acres
- Angustura Road
The district has also started distributing meals at sites north of B-Hill and the Salmon Ruins area and areas along Highway 64 known as the "tanks" between Blanco & Bloomfield.
Parents with further questions about meal distribution times and locations are asked to call 505 632-2662.
Central Consolidated School District
CCSD will continue distributing curbside meals to students from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. until the end of the school year, May 22, at the following school sites;
- Kirtland Middle School: 538 CR 6100
- Naschitti Elementary School: Indian Service Rte 693
- Ojo Amarillo Elementary School: North 3005 & Ojo Aramillo
- Shiprock High School
CCSD is asking that students and parents stay in their cars to receive meals and to not attempt to enter the school buildings.
CCSD will also continue distributing bagged meals by bus at the following locations and approximate times;
- Bluff Road/5th Lane
- Bluff Road, at approximately 10:45 a.m.
- Bluff Road Turnaround, 11:00 a.m.
- 5th Lane, 11:15 a.m.
- Burnham Chapter, 11:00 a.m.
- Bus stop East of Chaco Wash, 11:30 a.m.
- Cudei NHA, 11:00 a.m.
- Rattlesnake Turnaround, 11:30 a.m.
- Hogback/Hwy. 64
- Southside Hwy. 64, 10:45 a.m.
- Northside Hwy. 64, 11:05 a.m.
- East Low Rent/Ind. Village, turn off, 11:15 a.m.
- Kirk Center, 11:20 a.m.
- N36, Mile 4, 11:45 a.m.
- Little Water
- Little Water Store, 11:00 a.m.
- Bus Turnaround on Hwy. 491, mp. 74, 11:30 a.m.
- Lower Fruitland
- Blue Haven turn off, 10:50 a.m.
- San Juan Chapter Road, 11:10 a.m.
- Pump Jack Road, 11:30 a.m.
- Sheep Springs
- West NHA, Rd. 134, 10:50 a.m.
- East NHA, Hwy. 491, 11:10 a.m.
- East Rd. 5003, Hwy. 491, 11:30 a.m.
- Black House Valley, 11:45 a.m.
- Shiprock Mesa Farm
- 2nd Lane turn off (N), at approximately 10:45 a.m.
- Salt Wash, 10:55 a.m.
- Turnaround at Hill, 11:00 a.m.
- 4th Lane turn off, 11:30 a.m.
- 3rd Lane turn off, 11:35 a.m.
- 1st Lane turn off, 11:45 a.m.
- Toadlena/Two Grey Hills
- Captain Tom, 10:40 a.m.
- TGH NHA, 10:45 a.m.
- Toadlena Store, 11:05 a.m.
- TGH Store, 11:35 a.m.
- Waterflow Fire Station, 10:45 a.m.
- Caliber Sub Division, 11:00 a.m.
- CR 6950, 11:15 a.m.
- CR 6700, 11:25 a.m.
Parents with further questions about meal distribution times and locations are asked to call CCSD's Transportation Department for their respective schools between 10:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Kirtland's transportation representative can be reached at (505) 598-5545. Newcomb's transportation specialist can be reached at (505) 696-3422. Shiprock's transportation coordinator can be reached at (505) 368-5744.
Sam Ribakoff is a visual journalist for The Daily Times. He can be reached at 505-333-5283 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.