- Aug 12:
- Winning the CMWS: D-BAT Gallegos manager credits his mentor for teaching him about baseball, life
- Aug 9:
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos, Midland dominate Connie Mack World Series awards
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos sweeps Midland Redskins to win series title
- Aug 8:
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 8
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 19, D-BAT Gallegos vs. Midland Redskins
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins beat D-BAT Leach in Game 17 to move one win away from the title
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 7
- Aug 7:
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos' seventh-inning rally knocks out Danville in Game 16
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 17, Midland Redskins vs. D-BAT Leach
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins hammer D-BAT Gallegos 10-3 in Game 15
- Aug 6:
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 6
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Leach eliminates Carolina Vaqueros in Game 14
- CMWS 2014: Danville Hoots advance past South Troy Dodgers in Game 13
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 15, Midland Redskins vs. D-BAT Gallegos
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos remains unbeaten, topping D-BAT Leach 4-3 in Game 12
- CMWS 2014: Carolina Vaqueros walk off Bill Hood in Game 11
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 5
- Aug 5:
- CMWS 2014: South Troy stays alive, beating Frozen Ropes 2-1 in Game 10
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 12, D-BAT Gallegos vs. D-BAT Leach
- Aug 4:
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Leach survives scare from Bill Hood in Game 9
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 4
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins rally to beat Frozen Ropes 6-3 in Game 8
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 9, D-BAT Leach vs. Bill Hood Baseball
- CMWS 2014: Season ends for Strike Zone after 16-2 loss to Danville Hoots
- Aug 3:
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 3
- CMWS 2014: South Troy Dodgers eliminate Detroit Metro Stars from series after 5-1 victory in Game 7
- CMWS 2014: Bill Hood's Zach Clark claims Home Run Derby title
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 6, Strike Zone vs. Danville Hoots
- Aug 2:
- CMWS 2014: Bill Hood blanks Detroit Metro Stars 3-0 in Game 5
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 2
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Leach blasts South Troy in five innings in Game 4
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos beats Danville Hoots 7-5 in Game 3
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 5, Bill Hood Baseball vs. Detroit Metro Stars
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 1
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins walk off in extra innings against Farmington's Strike Zone
- Aug 1:
- CMWS 2014: Frozen Ropes slam Carolina Vaqueros in opening game
- CMWS 2014: New mascot, Hall of Fame inductees are among highlights of opening ceremony
- Connie Mack World Series Parade introduces 10 teams to Farmington
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 2, Midland Redskins vs. Strike Zone
- Jul 31:
- CMWS 2014: Read about the teams competing for the Connie Mack World Series title
- CMWS 2014: Strike Zone will make its fifth consecutive series appearance
- CMWS 2014: Carolina Vaqueros hopes for first title since 1994
- CMWS 2014: South Troy Dodgers make back-to-back series appearance
- CMWS 2014: Detroit Metro Stars make their first tournament appearance
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos brings talented group to the series
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins look for their 14th championship
- CMWS 2014: Frozen Ropes looks to make a deeper run
- CMWS 2014: Danville Hoots brings a young team to the series
- CMWS 2014: Bill Hood Baseball returns to series for first time since 2010
D-BAT has been a Connie World Series regular since 2006, and, for the second time, in three seasons, the organization will have a pair of squads in the tournament.
Pat Leach's D-BAT team will make its second straight appearance in the series.
Leach's team was the first to qualify for the CMWS this year after winning the National Qualifier at Surprise, Ariz., in June.
D-BAT Leach lost in pool play and then dropped its opening game in the qualifying bracket to the Trombley Nighthawks before responding with five consecutive victories, including two over the Nighthawks to win the tournament and earn a CMWS bid.
The D-BAT team returns two players from last year's CMWS roster: Grant Schneider and Jacob Patterson. Patterson was named the pitcher of the tournament at the National Qualifier this summer.
"We're not as flashy this year. We're going to play a hard-nosed, good-paced baseball game," Leach said.
Leach thinks last year's experience will have him more prepared for the series, but he knows it will come down to playing good baseball during that week. On that end, there is only so much the teams can do to prepare.
"We talk about it, and you just never know what you're going to get. I just hope we play good baseball," he said. "Everybody there has earned the right to be there, and that's what makes it so special."
The summer was geared toward qualifying for the CMWS, so after earning a spot a month early, Leach is hopeful the rust hasn't set in with his squad.
"You totally have to adjust the schedule," Leach said. "You want to play as competitive a schedule as possible."
D-BAT Leach will also be joined in the tournament by D-BAT Gallegos. In 2012, the organization qualified its D-BAT Dow and D-BAT Carpenter teams.
Leach's team will open its series with the North Atlantic Regional winner at 5:15 p.m. on Saturday.
Joshua Perry is the sports editor of The Daily Times. He can be reached at 505-564-4577 and email@example.com. Follow him @jperrysuu on Twitter.