- Aug 12:
- Winning the CMWS: D-BAT Gallegos manager credits his mentor for teaching him about baseball, life
- Aug 9:
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos, Midland dominate Connie Mack World Series awards
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos sweeps Midland Redskins to win series title
- Aug 8:
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 8
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 19, D-BAT Gallegos vs. Midland Redskins
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins beat D-BAT Leach in Game 17 to move one win away from the title
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 7
- Aug 7:
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos' seventh-inning rally knocks out Danville in Game 16
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 17, Midland Redskins vs. D-BAT Leach
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins hammer D-BAT Gallegos 10-3 in Game 15
- Aug 6:
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 6
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Leach eliminates Carolina Vaqueros in Game 14
- CMWS 2014: Danville Hoots advance past South Troy Dodgers in Game 13
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 15, Midland Redskins vs. D-BAT Gallegos
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos remains unbeaten, topping D-BAT Leach 4-3 in Game 12
- CMWS 2014: Carolina Vaqueros walk off Bill Hood in Game 11
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 5
- Aug 5:
- CMWS 2014: South Troy stays alive, beating Frozen Ropes 2-1 in Game 10
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 12, D-BAT Gallegos vs. D-BAT Leach
- Aug 4:
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Leach survives scare from Bill Hood in Game 9
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 4
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins rally to beat Frozen Ropes 6-3 in Game 8
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 9, D-BAT Leach vs. Bill Hood Baseball
- CMWS 2014: Season ends for Strike Zone after 16-2 loss to Danville Hoots
- Aug 3:
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 3
- CMWS 2014: South Troy Dodgers eliminate Detroit Metro Stars from series after 5-1 victory in Game 7
- CMWS 2014: Bill Hood's Zach Clark claims Home Run Derby title
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 6, Strike Zone vs. Danville Hoots
- Aug 2:
- CMWS 2014: Bill Hood blanks Detroit Metro Stars 3-0 in Game 5
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 2
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Leach blasts South Troy in five innings in Game 4
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos beats Danville Hoots 7-5 in Game 3
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 5, Bill Hood Baseball vs. Detroit Metro Stars
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 1
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins walk off in extra innings against Farmington's Strike Zone
- Aug 1:
- CMWS 2014: Frozen Ropes slam Carolina Vaqueros in opening game
- CMWS 2014: New mascot, Hall of Fame inductees are among highlights of opening ceremony
- Connie Mack World Series Parade introduces 10 teams to Farmington
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 2, Midland Redskins vs. Strike Zone
- Jul 31:
- CMWS 2014: Read about the teams competing for the Connie Mack World Series title
- CMWS 2014: Strike Zone will make its fifth consecutive series appearance
- CMWS 2014: Carolina Vaqueros hopes for first title since 1994
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Leach makes second straight series appearance
- CMWS 2014: Detroit Metro Stars make their first tournament appearance
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos brings talented group to the series
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins look for their 14th championship
- CMWS 2014: Frozen Ropes looks to make a deeper run
- CMWS 2014: Danville Hoots brings a young team to the series
- CMWS 2014: Bill Hood Baseball returns to series for first time since 2010
The South Troy Dodgers are making back-to-back Connie Mack World Series appearances for the first time.
The Dodgers have been the most consistent North Atlantic Region team since 2000, qualifying for the tournament seven times. But head coach Kevin Rogers said a lot of his players came into this summer ready to make a return trip to Farmington.
"I think the six returning kids kept pushing our team and telling the others just how hard it was to get there," Rogers said.
South Troy's six returning players are the most of any squad in the tournament.
They'll be looking for redemption this year after the Dodgers were eliminated quickly last year with losses in their first two games.
"We'd like to get down there and play well," Rogers said. "We know the competition will be tough, but we're hoping the ball bounces our way."
Pitching has been South Troy's strength this summer. The Dodgers threw four straight shutouts in the regional, winning two games 1-0 and a third 2-0.
The only runs allowed by the Dodgers came during the first inning of the final against Ontario. South Troy gave up two runs in the top of the first, before two straight days of rain washed out the championship.
South Troy was declared the winner since it was the only undefeated team in the tournament and had beaten Ontario 1-0 a couple days earlier.
"We've been in a lot of close games. At times, we've struggled with the bats," Rogers said. "It's been a grind most of the summer. We're a hard-working crew."
South Troy will play D-BAT Leach in its opener at 5:15 p.m. Saturday.
Rogers hasn't seen this particular D-BAT team, but he knows the organization well and has seen its teams for years at the American Qualifier his team hosts.
"D-BAT is a great organization. We know what we're up against. Every team is great, and we're looking forward to it," he said.
Joshua Perry is the sports editor of The Daily Times. He can be reached at 505-564-4577 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him @jperrysuu on Twitter.