- Aug 12:
- Winning the CMWS: D-BAT Gallegos manager credits his mentor for teaching him about baseball, life
- Aug 9:
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos, Midland dominate Connie Mack World Series awards
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos sweeps Midland Redskins to win series title
- Aug 8:
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 8
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 19, D-BAT Gallegos vs. Midland Redskins
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins beat D-BAT Leach in Game 17 to move one win away from the title
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 7
- Aug 7:
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos' seventh-inning rally knocks out Danville in Game 16
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 17, Midland Redskins vs. D-BAT Leach
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins hammer D-BAT Gallegos 10-3 in Game 15
- Aug 6:
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 6
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Leach eliminates Carolina Vaqueros in Game 14
- CMWS 2014: Danville Hoots advance past South Troy Dodgers in Game 13
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 15, Midland Redskins vs. D-BAT Gallegos
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos remains unbeaten, topping D-BAT Leach 4-3 in Game 12
- CMWS 2014: Carolina Vaqueros walk off Bill Hood in Game 11
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 5
- Aug 5:
- CMWS 2014: South Troy stays alive, beating Frozen Ropes 2-1 in Game 10
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 12, D-BAT Gallegos vs. D-BAT Leach
- Aug 4:
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Leach survives scare from Bill Hood in Game 9
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 4
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins rally to beat Frozen Ropes 6-3 in Game 8
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 9, D-BAT Leach vs. Bill Hood Baseball
- CMWS 2014: Season ends for Strike Zone after 16-2 loss to Danville Hoots
- Aug 3:
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 3
- CMWS 2014: South Troy Dodgers eliminate Detroit Metro Stars from series after 5-1 victory in Game 7
- CMWS 2014: Bill Hood's Zach Clark claims Home Run Derby title
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 6, Strike Zone vs. Danville Hoots
- Aug 2:
- CMWS 2014: Bill Hood blanks Detroit Metro Stars 3-0 in Game 5
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 2
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Leach blasts South Troy in five innings in Game 4
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Gallegos beats Danville Hoots 7-5 in Game 3
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 5, Bill Hood Baseball vs. Detroit Metro Stars
- CMWS 2014: Highlights from Day 1
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins walk off in extra innings against Farmington's Strike Zone
- Aug 1:
- CMWS 2014: Frozen Ropes slam Carolina Vaqueros in opening game
- CMWS 2014: New mascot, Hall of Fame inductees are among highlights of opening ceremony
- Connie Mack World Series Parade introduces 10 teams to Farmington
- CMWS 2014: Live coverage of Game 2, Midland Redskins vs. Strike Zone
- Jul 31:
- CMWS 2014: Read about the teams competing for the Connie Mack World Series title
- CMWS 2014: Strike Zone will make its fifth consecutive series appearance
- CMWS 2014: Carolina Vaqueros hopes for first title since 1994
- CMWS 2014: D-BAT Leach makes second straight series appearance
- CMWS 2014: South Troy Dodgers make back-to-back series appearance
- CMWS 2014: Detroit Metro Stars make their first tournament appearance
- CMWS 2014: Midland Redskins look for their 14th championship
- CMWS 2014: Frozen Ropes looks to make a deeper run
- CMWS 2014: Danville Hoots brings a young team to the series
- CMWS 2014: Bill Hood Baseball returns to series for first time since 2010
D-BAT Gallegos made it through the South Plains Regional to give the organization a second team in the Connie Mack World Series this year, joining D-BAT Leach.
Roberto Gallegos brings a talented bunch of young players to the series. Fourteen members of his squad have committed to Division I universities — including the University of Texas, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Rice, Texas Christian and Wichita State — while only seven of his players have graduated high school.
"We play with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. They play loose," Gallegos said. "They all know each other from playing in high school and are a tight-knit group."
Gallegos' team battled through pitching injuries throughout the summer, losing five guys to Tommy John surgery.
The injuries took their toll during the American qualifier in South Troy, N.Y., where the Dallas-based team reached the final against Frozen Ropes but fell short of the CMWS bid.
D-BAT bounced back in the South Plains final, beating the Dallas Mustangs 3-0 to earn their CMWS spot.
The victory allowed Gallegos to add a couple of Mustangs to his bullpen and bolster the pitching staff.
"We were able to get good arms, and we're ready to go," he said.
Gallegos is looking forward to bringing a team to Farmington after being an assistant on past D-BAT squads. He said it's a good boost for the program to have a pair of teams in the CMWS for the second time in three years.
"It's a one-of-a-kind experience. To get one team there is special, but getting two is amazing," Gallegos said.
D-BAT Gallegos will open its series with Danville at noon on Saturday.
Gallegos said his team is prepared for the tournament after a tough summer of games.
"I think we'll have to pitch and play defense. The timely hitting will come," he said. "We have a knack of taking advantage of mistakes. That's what good teams do. We've been mentally tough."
Joshua Perry is the sports editor of The Daily Times. He can be reached at 505-564-4577 and email@example.com. Follow him @jperrysuu on Twitter.