- Jun 27:
- Assayii Lake Fire zone remains closed for the weekend
- Jun 26:
- Assayii Lake Fire at 90 percent containment, downgraded to Type 3 blaze
- Jun 25:
- Assayii Lake Fire reaches 90 percent containment
- Jun 24:
- Firefighters continue work on the Assayii Lake Fire as containment reaches 80 percent
- Jun 22:
- Assayii Lake Fire could be downgraded
- Jun 21:
- Assayii Lake Fire is 60 percent contained
- More visible smoke from Assayii Lake Fire expected today
- Jun 20:
- One week after its start, Assayii Lake Fire is 40 percent contained
- One week after its start, Assayii Lake Fire is 20 percent contained
- Jun 19:
- With 20 percent containment, Assayii Lake Fire has burned 13,450 acres
- Assayii Lake Fire has so far cost $2.5 million to fight
- Containment on Assayii Lake Fire remains steady
- Jun 18:
- Assayii Lake Fire is 5 percent contained, tops 13,000 acres
- Assayii Lake Fire benefit concert in Shiprock set for Thursday night
- Assayii Lake Fire increases to 13,250 acres
- Jun 17:
- Assayii Lake Fire reaches 12,107 acres, remains at 0 percent containment
- San Juan County organizations, community members collect donations for Assayii Lake Fire victims
- LIVE: Coverage of the Assayii Lake Fire
- Assayii Lake Fire now at 12,105 acres
- Jun 16:
- Assayi Lake Fire causes Naschitti residents to evacuate
- Newcomb, Naschitti CCSD schools being evacuated due to Assayii Lake fire
FARMINGTON — An evacuation order has been issued by the Navajo Nation Police Department for the entire Naschitti community, according to an announcement by the Southwest Area Incident Management Team 3.
The evacuation order was issued Monday afternoon for all homes and schools within the community, including the chapter house.
Officials are asking for residents to follow all evacuation instructions issued by the tribal police.
Smoke from the Assayi Lake Fire, which is burning on the Ch'ooshagi Mountains in the Bowl Canyon area, continues to be carried into the community by high winds.
The population of Naschitti is 301, according to the 2010 U.S. Census.