A 30-year-old man doused himself in a flammable liquid and opened up the natural gas lines in his mobile home, said Nick Mrzlak, a battalion chief with the Farmington Fire Department. The male then set himself on fire.
The fire was confined to one room in the mobile home. No other structures in the area were damaged.
Farmington police and fire crews received the call at 8:14 a.m.
The burn victim suffered second- and third-degree burns, Mrzlak said.
"The subject has been airlifted to the University of Colorado Burn Center with potentially life-threatening injuries," said Farmington Police Sgt. Pat Flores.