ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.—Investigators appear to doubt the self-defense claim of an Alcalde woman who fatally shot a man inside her home last month.

The 35-year-old woman hasn't been charged in the case and the Rio Arriba County Sheriff's Office still is investigating.

The woman claims a man barged into her home Nov. 3 and tried to undress her at knife point.

She says she reached under a pillow, grabbed a loaded gun and shot 33-year-old Lawrence Sandoval of Taos and then fled from her home and called 911.

The Albuquerque Journal (http://bit.ly/XzzaiJ) reported Friday that police statements filed in the case indicate the woman gave differing versions of the events that led to the shooting.

But the woman's lawyer says his client "has nothing to hide" and "this is a self-defense situation."

———

Information from: Albuquerque Journal, http://www.abqjournal.com