The newly elected members are George Allen, Dr. Jack Ritzenthaler, Jack Wheat, Dr. Stuart Wilson, Dennis Peterson and Alice Gibson.
They join 42 others in the hospital’s Hall of Fame. Those honored were chosen by the hospital’s Hall of Fame Committee for their contributions to the hospital and the Four Corners.
- Peterson helped establish the San Juan Medical Foundation in 1984, and served on the group’s board. He was instrumental in the launch of the Connelly Hospital House and the San Juan Regional Cancer Center, a news release from the hospital said. in 2003-04, he served as chairman of the hospital’s board.
- Gibson has volunteered 30,000 hours since 1978, recognized by state Auxiliary officials as the most in New Mexico.
- Allen was a member of the first hospital association and helped raise money for the first medical facility, established in 1910.
- Ritzenthaler practiced obstetrics and gynecology and served as the hospital’s medical director in 1974.
- Wheat was the hospital’s full-time chaplain.
- Wilson was the hospital’s sole pathologist for 20 years, and won accreditation for the laboratory by the College of American Pathologists.
The newly elected members will be inducted in a ceremony at 7 p.
m. Thursday, Sept. 6 at the San Juan College Little Theater. The public is welcome to attend.